Monday, October 13, 2008

Chicago Marathon 2008













This picture is at the 40K Marker still smiling!!!!!!!





My little sister Lisa ran in the Chicago Marathon yesterday!! She did awesome, as you can see from the pictures she made it look easy, and barely looked like she went for a small jog afterward!!!!!! She finished the race in 4 hours and 17 minutes ~ I am so proud of her!!!!!




My brother Loren, my brother Jon, his girlfriend Cassie, myself and Kiersten headed out Sunday morning to surprise her during the race! We missed her at the first stop around the 11 mile marker, but caught her at the 35K marker (approx 22 miles) and the 40K marker (approx 25 miles) Pictures show her smiling and running like a trooper! She stopped for a couple of hugs at the 35K and then jumped right back in!!

This is the Koeman Support Team/Cheering squad!! Next time I think we need to train to be spectators.

Kiersten did great with all the walking we did. She had a blast it was a day of firsts for her too First Train Ride, First Subway Ride, First time to Chicago, and First time on a city bus!! She did awesome just like her Auntie Lissy!!!!














Lisa and her husband Mark after the race! You did awesome Lisa, and we are all proud of everything that you have accomplished ~ you are an awesome role model!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

YOU GO GIRL! So awesome, Lisa!

Shelly said...

We are proud of you Lisa!! You inspire us all!!

Dan, Pam, and the Boys said...

I love blogger! Thank you for leaving a comment, I love keeping "in touch" with people. Wow it has been awhile since I have seen you or your family, Looks like everyone is doing good! Say hi to them all for me!